Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gingerbread Party!

The party was a huge success!


Rylee patiently started waiting for her
friends arrival at 4:00...
the party didn't start till 6:00.


making red frosting for our cupcakes;)


Rylee and her bff Aspen


Rylee, Aspen, Grason, and Hailey


Working on the gingerbread house!


The whole gang


Rylee and her finished house


I think back on my memories of the Holidays
when I was little. One of the only traditions that
I can remember is gingerbread house parties.
The houses looked exactly like the ones do here.
My mom has made these houses for years
and passed the knack onto me;)
Since I am the youngest of 5 our parties consisted
of siblings and occasional cousins.
Rylee, being an only child, gets a party of friend and of course Josh man!
I now have a MUCH greater appreciation for
my mom after throwing this party!
Craziness and chaos!
I hope Rylee can remember and pass on this tradition
when she is older!