Monday, April 11, 2011

"Elem"

Rylee has been very into practicing writing her letters and numbers lately(Especially number 5). She helps me write our grocery lists, spells ALL our family members names, writes in note cards and birthday cards. Recently we were making our way to Costco to pick up a few items. She was in the backseat writing the alphabet. Usually Rylee practices making words so this was probably the first time she had gone in order from A-Z.


I could hear her start with A.
Then moved onto B...
Asking only so often for me to draw
the letter she was stuck on in the air with
my pointer finger.
I heard
EFG
then
HIJK.

...Silence...

"Mom, How do I write elem?"
"Elem?" I ask.
"Yes, you know
A.B
C.D
E.F.G
H.I
J.K
elem
N.O
P
I'm sure Rylee isn't the first kid to be confused
by this part of the "song"
I tried my hardest to explain
L.M
but in her mind I was seriously WRONG.
I'm trying to convince her of something that's
the complete opposite of all shes ever known!
Such a funny little experience that I definitely didn't see comin:)